The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your ideas required!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Future - Mods Development, previews and progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we create Undying Art Maps?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

burt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Your ideas required! Reply with quote

The following idea came to my mind: what if we start to create small maps for Undying not to play them, but to watch them?

What I mean is some kind of Undying Art Maps, maps from different Undying locations or with ideas connected to Undying's world in any other way, with a mood, and all the possible beauty, and with some cut-scenes telling different mini-stories or scenes. For example: Mausoleum Approach level, with recreated and much smoother terrain, resembling some spiritual images. Level starts with a camera flying slowly to the entrance while bats are sweeping ahead, and Lizbeth, standing in front of the doors, is watching them flying. Then she turns to the steep and slowly walks to the edge. Camera perspective allows to catch some howlers, humbly waiting in the shadow of mausoleum walls. Lizbeth looks around, takes a closer step to the edge, one of the howlers howls briefly and mournfully... Lizbeth turns around and slowly walks back to the mausoleum. Howlers follow her and they're disappearing into the mausoleum depths. Front doors are closed behind them.
Then the player can be passed into the level, wandering around and observing the place. When he tries to leave the location through the way to manor, level finishes.

Well, what do you think? Would you like it? If so, it certainly is something to start work under. And if you have any scenes or images in your head, please write them here so they could be made a reality. We're counting on your imagination!
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to do such a thing, I'd love to see it done. I'd love to see shots of the manor grounds in their entirety, as well as the monastary, past and present.

By the way, I did draw up a total floorplan for the manor quite awhile ago, complete with grounds outside. I had to tweak it a bit to compensate for some discrepancies in the game (like the fact that the Widow's Watch is on the opposite side of the manor as the Great Hall, yet somehow you follow one little corridor and end up across the manor). But overall, I think it's pretty accurate. If I can find a way to put it on my system, I'd be happy to provide it. That or I could mail you a copy.

I am your friendly neighborhood Moderator--I will tear your heart out and eat it if you don't behave.
burt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already started to work under Mausoleum Art map, hope it won't take too long and also hope you'll like it Smile

I'm quite anxious to see your Manor floorplan, it should be great! Along with Covenants Estate Map it can cover game locations entirely. If you send it to me or Doppiapunta, we will create new page devoted to that map so everyone will be able to enjoy it. Do you want to do it in that way?
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can send it to either of you, as soon as I can figure out how to get it into my computer. Right now it's copied out onto several large sheets of graph paper that I taped together, so I'm going to have to find a way to modify it.

What program can I use to open the .rar file? I don't think I've ever had one of those before and am not sure how to view it.

I am your friendly neighborhood Moderator--I will tear your heart out and eat it if you don't behave.
burt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're anxious to see your creation!

.rar files are archives created with WinRar archivator. We use it as its compression level is higher than .zip or other popular archivators. Moreover, WinRar is widespread enough.

You can download latest version here: http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar342.exe (1136 KB). You may browse this site to get more info: http://www.rarsoft.com/.
Trial version available for free can be used to work with our .rar files perfectly.

I hope you'll succeed in digitalization of estate map and we all will enjoy it! Good luck!
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm certain that I had downloaded and installed WinRar previously, but when I searched my system I couldn't find it. Perhaps that was before the system crash I had last summer.

the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, basically, you're talking about an in-game Machinima? Awesome. I'd love to see it.
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've been tied up lately so I haven't gotten around to scanning my map of the estate in. We had two deaths in the family within two weeks, and then I was out of town for another week. So, needless to say some things fell by the wayside. I'll try to get that done in the next few days. I'll probably have to scan it in sections, and then whoever wants to handle posting it can piece it together properly, if that sounds good to you guys.

burt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel very sorry about your family events, hope you're doing ok.

Your intention for estate map sounds really great and we will be really glad to see your creation. Me and Doppiapunta will handle posting it with our pleasure, so you could send it to any of us. My mail is burt AT undyingitalia.it

Hope you will be enjoyed to see your work available to everyone, good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the concept sounds absolutely fantastic. When you think about it, the Undying engine and mod tools can be used to design all sorts of locations and scenarios. And yet all we obsess with is butchering Howlers.

When will the Eternal Autumn ever feature in a Map?

Still, the concept for this sounds brilliant and I look forward to it with great expectancy.
Devillo
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, the above post was by me, but for some reason I wasnt logged in.

My never ending struggle with Technology continues.

"Rose..."

"Pleased to meet you Rose. Run for your Life!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the art map. It will show some awesome use of narrator scripts and nav cams.
Norn
Trsanti Pirate
Trsanti Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: would be very cool!! Reply with quote

i like it!

i do wish they did add more art with the undying pack
Paul Lightning
Butler
Butler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Excellent ideas! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this site, and I must say I love the site! I think the map ideas are excellent -- looking forward to seeing the map view idea in action. Thanks for the Covenant map, too! My ideas for the map are the following:

1.) make a map for each significant level
2.) have an intro "map" -- this is not a map, really, but a cutscene idea that would show a preview of each main character and their properties or characteristics; sequence would run like a trailer that introduces the player to all the main characters (actors) that are significant in Undying. For example, scene would show a brief animated sequence of Ambrose, and text would appear on the screen: "Meet Ambrose -- an evil man!" while Ambrose scripts some movement and perhaps speech on the screen (with or without music!). Another example would be Lizbeth, etc. ....
3.) how about an overhead journey (like a helicopter or plane ride) that shows the Covenant estate and significant areas (like Standing Stones, etc.). Although the game takes place when helicopters and planes didn't exist, this cutscene or scripted program could be like a narrator's explanation of what occurred in the past -- when Patrick Galloway went on his little adventure of the Covenant family estate ....

I look forward to your developments, Burt, and others involved in these adventures!

<big grin>

--Paul Lightning
trebel
Trsanti Pirate
Trsanti Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ideas
greeetz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Future - Mods Development, previews and progress All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: