The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

them in their preferred shoe model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: them in their preferred shoe model Reply with quote

Even if you are an overpronator, unless it’s severe, it may not matter all that much. Dr. Benno Nigg, who was one of the co-authors of this study, states in his recent book, Biomechanics of Sports Shoes, that:“Pronation and supination have long been the “danger variables” hanging over the sport shoe community, but their time as the most important aspects of Nike Air Max 2017 Womens sport shoe construction is over. Pronation is a natural movement of the foot, and “excessive Nike Air Max TN Femme pronation” is a very rare phenomenon. Shoe developers, shoe stores, and medical centres should not be too concerned about “pronation and supination.”In his book Nigg also says that based on his extensive research into the topic, and his knowledge of the relevant literature: “overpronation, as it occurs in typical runners, is not a critical predisposition for injuries.”Incidentally, if you don’t know who Benno Nigg is, he’s a highly respected footwear expert and was one of the pioneers of the development of stability shoes in the early 1980’s. He has since changed his mind, and was quoted in Runner’s World saying the following: “I pushed the cushioning trend as much as anyone…And I take the blame for pronation devices as well.”)The above Nike Air Max 95 Damskie information contributes to why I believe that the pronation control model of shoe fitting needs Nike Air Max 95 Womens to disappear – pronation can still be considered on an individual level when problems arise, but it should not be a primary criterion by which shoes are suggested to people in a shoe shop.Stay tuned, as I plan to follow up shortly with a summary of a more recent study that provides similar results.If you have access to a treadmill with slow-mo video (gait analysis), which many do through their local running shops, I don’t think this study adds anything at all. Who cares about self assessment in three broad categories? And if you are not running barefoot, it doesn’t matter what your change in eversion is when you are running barefoot. If I had been in this study, I don’t know that I would have liked to have put myself into any category. I know from gait analysis that my degree of pronation/change in eversion is very different Nike Air Max 97 Femme depending on the shoe, how I would place a shoe in a category based on what it does to my change Nike Air Max 97 Femmein eversion in a gait analysis sometimes doesn’t fit what category shoe is labeled to be in (looking simply at rank order of degree of stability in a shoe). I haven’t tried barefoot on the store treadmill, though I’m assuming neutral, and if I’m wrong, it doesn’t matter. I don’t think someone can tell if they overpronate by feel – they need to see it in a photo or video of themselves while running, whether by a still photo (like your far right photo) or in a gait analysis. Based on that belief, I think people in the study probably self categorized based on what kind of shoe was working well for them prior to the study – and the study doesn’t show that they were wrong, because it didn’t test them in their preferred shoe model. In some ‘Nike Air Max 90 Essential Femme neutral’ shoes I overpronate a lot, sometimes even farther than your right photo, and in other Adidas ZX Flux Womens ‘neutral’ shoes, I don’t overpronate at all. Even in some ‘stability’ shoes, I overpronate a lot. So the model of ‘neutral’ shoe that they chose would have totally affected my ‘shod’ results – and the study participants ‘shod’ results. They are trusting the shoe category too much if they think the conclusions say much about the runner’s self assessment of pronation or overpronation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: