The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the SpeedGoat 50K to run to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: the SpeedGoat 50K to run to Reply with quote

I disagree with you about the MT101. The toebox on that shoe was way too narrow for me and I had to tape up my pinky toes for any runs longer than 4 miles due to the rubbing. They fixed this in the 110 thankfully. I didn’t run into the issue with the lateral midfoot/forefoot buildup. NB MR00. The side-attached tongue and flat laces / fabrid eyelets made the shoe much less comfortable than it could have been. The sole Adidas NMD Femme was flat and dead. It should have either been thicker with a tiny bit of cushion (like the MR730) or thinner (Merrell shoes) so that I could have some road feel.This shoe took Nike Air Max 90 Womens Black minimalist a little too far. The nylon moccasin with bubbles on the bottom went overboard for a trail shoe. I seldom found trails that were smooth enough to run comfortably in this shoe that I wouldn’t rather just run barefoot on. I would have liked a bit more structure.Probably the worst shoe that I’ve owned since I stopped buying Nikes after the Air Max in 1994. Not a minimalist shoe at all, but I loved the Cascadia 5 so I bought the 6 without trying it on. The shoe was way too built up, the lugs were totally wrong and it seemed like the first step off of the cliff for that shoe line.Completely sold by the endorsements of Anton Krupicka and Liza Howard Nike Air Max Thea Dames I knew I’d be running 100s in no time (j/k). I did, however, wear them enough, stubbornly, to put me out of commission for a couple weeks. Had I not been in the middle of training I Adidas Hamburg Femme could’ve been out for a month. Never diagnosed the exact problem but had severe pains throughout my foot, directly from the shoe as I was running pain free in the Brooks PureGrit previously. Also, as another mentioned, noticeable wear and a full tear on the outside of the toe box after <100 miles. Chocked it up to the San Antonio rocks until I started running in the Altra Lone Peak… an indestructible tank of a shoe. Either way, the MT110 is indeed a complete bust imo as well.Haven’t run in any of these but it seems that with at least 2 of them when you combine a relatively stiff firm midsole with mis matched upper disaster strikes. For me a spacious Nike Air Max 90 Femme forefoot and well snugged mid foot is the trick, Inov 8 Road X style. I am also concluding that runners, if they aren’t going totally minimal all the time or at least for some runs are Nike Roshe Run Femme evolving back to a bit more cushioning still with low or zero drop and light weight. As far as those MT 110 or similar that Anton Krupicka wore at the SpeedGoat 50K to run to very credible finish, I saw him finish. The first thing he asked for was a chair to take off his shoes. His feet were a mess, so bad, that pictures of them were all over the internet.I would consider giving them a try. The 4’s toebox is a little more square but the big difference in comparison with the 3.0’s is the upper material (and the 2 mm offset increase). The 4.0’s upper is thinner and has mesh panels so it’s more breathable and durable than the 3.0. The 4.0’s are also relatively seamless so I frequently run in them sockless without consequences. I prefer the burrito tongue of th 4.0 because I have a high volume midfoot. IMO the 4.0’s are everything www.saltylemon.nl that the 3.0’s should have been +2mm extra heel material.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: