The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

o view this initial post as my gut reaction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: o view this initial post as my gut reaction Reply with quote

I was surprised and honored to open up the December 2012 issue of Runner’s World to find that I had been included among their 48 running Twitterati as a member of the #runnerd subgroup (I’m a proud nerd)!To pay it forward, I thought I’d try something new here and write an occasional (maybe weekly?) post highlighting fellow runners that I follow on Twitter. I’ve been active on Twitter for several years now (personal Twitter handle = @Oblinkin, blog handle = @Runblogger) and have found it to be a fantastic resource for Adidas NMD Womens both information and social interaction.Today I want to recommend three friends who I’ve known for a long time. www.lavolailles.fr All three are running coaches, all are accomplished runners, and all Tweet helpful information on training.First up is Caleb Masland. Caleb does private on-line coaching, and he’s the guy who coached me to a half-marathon PR this Fall. Caleb is running the NYC Marathon this weekend, and has been chronicling his journey to New York in the wake of Sandy Back in the summer of 2009, the Vibram Fivefingers KSO was my first ever barefoot-style running shoe. Vibrams played a big role in my transition to minimalism, but to be honest it’s been a long time since I’ve run regularly in VFFs. The main reason for me is that I’ve had a really hard time getting the fit right – using Vibram’s foot measurement technique it’s recommended Adidas Campus Womens that I wear a size 41, but recent pairs that I’ve worn have been a bit too snug. They haven’t been uncomfortably Nike Air VaporMax Hombre tight, but my toes reach almost to the end of the toe pockets, which makes it hard to wiggle my toes when wearing the shoes. Additionally, I tend to get an ache under the second metatarsal of my right foot when I run in VFF’s – this doesn’t happen in other non-cushioned shoes, and I have attributed it to some funky effect of the toe pockets restricting toe movement.A few weeks ago I got an email from a marketing rep for Vibram asking if I’d be interested in trying out the new Vibram Fivefingers SeeYa LS. I was initially hesitant given my recent problems with the line, but had heard that the SeeYa was a big improvement over other recent models in terms of flexibility and comfort on the run. I agreed to try out a pair, Nike Air Max TN Femme along with a pair of the original SeeYa for comparative purposes (Disclosure: both pairs I received were www.ronbell.co.uk media samples provided free of charge by the manufacturer). I opted to size up to a 42 to see if that would help improve fit and comfort.I’m going to try something a bit different here and do one post on the SeeYa LS which I will update as needed. Having now run in 75+ shoes in the past few years, I find that my thoughts on and ability to write about a shoe are clearest after an initial try-on and run, so view this initial post as my gut reaction. Most of the time my thoughts change very little with additional use, but sometimes a break-in period will change my feelings a bit about a shoe. I will add additional information with added use if I feel it is helpful. This will also help me get out from under my stockpile of shoes Nike Air VaporMax Womens waiting to be reviewed!The shoes arrived last week and I’m happy to report that going up a size made a Nike Air Max 270 Męskie world of difference. I was able to wear them for several hours the day they arrived without the slightest feeling of discomfort. I still have trouble flexing the toes down in the shoes, but my toes had an easier time flexing inside the pockets with the roomier fit (I’m still not sold on the toe-pockets being a plus).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: