The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

marker passes right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: marker passes right Reply with quote

I’ve been called all manner of condescending Nike Air Max 90 Femme names when I’ve used the term “barefoot shoes” or “barefoot sandals” for Xero Shoes (formerly Invisible Shoes). I point out that, as a stickler for Nike Air Max 270 Damen linguistic accuracy, it pains me to do so… but as a business person, knowing that potential customers are searching for that term, I’d be an idiot not to use it.That never seems to placate the “purists” who’ve criticized me, even though a casual investigation reveals that I spend more time barefoot than any of those critics. Nor do the many blog posts I’ve made where I extol the virtues of being ACTUALLY barefoot. In fact, I send emails to my own customers encouraging them to take off OUR shoes, too!That said, I’d love to have some grading system that lets the public know how much any piece of footwear lets you mimic barefoot biomechanics, gives you (or mutes) proprioceptive feedback,Adidas Ultra Boost Damen and in other ways lives up to the idea of “barefoot-style-movement-promoting footwear.”FWIW, I’ve seen a pilot study that showed how unskilled barefoot Nike Air Vapormax Femme runners continue to heel strike in most “barefoot” shoes, including VFFs, but don’t do so in our huaraches. I bring this up because I believe the “barefootness” of Adidas Arkyn Damen your footwear does, in fact, make a difference.There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding how the foot initially contacts the ground during running. For example, some people like to refer to themselves as “supinators,” as if it’s a diagnosis of something unique and bad. Some think that a midfoot landing involves the entire bottom of the foot contacting the ground at the same time.The reality is that we almost always make initial contact somewhere on the outside margin of the foot with the foot in a supinated position. I don’t think I have ever seen a runner not do this in all of the videos I have, and thus a midfoot strike does not equal a flat foot strike, and we Nike Air Max 95 Femme are all in fact “supinators.”
After initial contact along the outside margin, the foot everts and rolls inward (what we commonly refer to as pronation). The amount Nike Air Max TN Donne of intial supination, the speed with which the foot pronates, and the amount that it pronates are largely what differ between runners.To illustrate the initial contact point, I want to direct you to three great videos from Daniel Lieberman’s lab at Harvard. These videos are part of the supplementary information from his 2010 study in Nature and provide underfoot pressure tracings from barefoot runners exhibiting forefoot, midfoot, and rearfoot strikes. Watch how pressure migrates from outside to inside in all three – in no case is there any pressure under the ball behind the big toe at initial contact. I’ve had some trouble getting the videos to play in my browser, so if that Nike Air Max 1 Womens doesn’t work you can right-click and save them to watch them on your computer.What you will also notice is that in all three videos the center of pressure Adidas Superstar Hombremarker passes right under the second metatarsal head toward the big tow at toe-off. Ever wonder why second metatarsal stress fractures are the most common type of foot fracture in runners? That’s why – it’s due to bending in late stance, not initial impact since the second met isn’t even touching the ground at contact!So next time you hear someone call themselves a supinator, ask them exactly what they mean by that. My guess is most people don’t even know and were simply told that by someone else who watched them run. You can direct them to these videos because just as pronation is a completely normal part of the gait cycle, so is supination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: