The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hen running in a pair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: hen running in a pair Reply with quote

“This study revealed that there was lesser peak leg impact at contact when running with a FFS pattern. This Nike Air Presto Womens is consistent with current evidence suggesting that running with a FFS would decrease shock when compared to running RFS (6,29,31). Shock attenuation was also observed to be greater with RFS than FFS; there is more shock absorbed Nike Air Presto Femme throughout the body when running RFS. This may be due to the overall greater foot-ground impact to be generated in RFS, thus increasing the magnitude of shock to be attenuated.”So, Nike Air Max 2017 Donne like many other studies, this one shows that running barefoot with a forefoot strike reduces shock to the body relative to running barefoot with a heel strike. Not much surprise there, but another piece of Nike Air Max 2017 Womens evidence suggesting that if you plan to run barefoot, it may be best to avoid those heels!I should point out that up to this point I was not a runner.3 months out of work, followed by part time work and PT 4x per week.One Nike Air Max 90 Womens day I was caught in the rain, and tried to run to my car. I was dressed in my normal work attire (no sneakers) and within 2 or 3 steps, the heel strikes shot pain up my spine to the point I was seriously worried I had re-broken my back. However the pain stopped as soon as I started walking.About 2 weeks later I heard C.M. on NPR during the Born to Run publicity blitz and it just clicked. I read B2R and lots www.ronbell.co.uk of other stuff on the web, I bought my first pair of VFF Sprints, and focused on a midfoot strike. NO PAIN IN MY BACK. Aside from TMTS type pains which were all muscular and not in my back, I have been very Adidas Deerupt Damskie happy.Ok, I had a bout with shin splints and that sucked.I still run in VFFs but have moved on to Bikilahs and Seeyas on roads and Merrell Trail Gloves off road.My orthopedist told me most people with my level of breakage Adidas Superstar Womens end up in wheelchairs. I just did my first marathon on 10/07.Ruptured disc putting a lot of pressure on my spinal column (I think L5/S1). When it got symptomatic, I lost feeling and control of one leg below the knee (sounded like a pirate walking around) and couldn’t stand upright for several weeks. 2 months of physical therapy and full function was restored.I started running again in traditional running shoes, 3x per week re-building a base. As soon as I broke the 6 mile run barrier, my back symptoms would return (never as bad thank you) and I would have to back off.Like Rich, I read Born to Run, and started Nike Air Max 90 Donne walking, then running in a pair of VFF Treks. Built my base running back to 4x per week, mostly on trails and running at various distances in the 3-10 mile range. This is the third summer since I injured my back and the Nike Air Vapormax Donne symptoms have not returned since I started running exclusively in shoes that allow a forefoot strike pattern (I wear VFF Komodos on trails and a pair of low-drop performance trainers on roads).I have no idea WHAT works, and at this point I’m not messing with a successful formula too much. The big changes after my back injury include: regular core building/stretching exercise at least 5x per week, more trail running, and transition to forefoot striking. Oh, and I run much slower now, but I blame my age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: