The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

little more support in my

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: little more support in my Reply with quote

The sole of the Connect is unusual in that the lateral forefoot and medial heel extend down further than the medial forefoot and lateral heel. You can see what I’m talking about in the photo to the left – notice the difference between how far the sole extends downward on the two sides. Once again, this is not a deal breaker for me, and I would have liked to have seen how this feels out on the road.A couple of final observations. Brooks advertised these shoes as having 4 special technologies. One of these was the split sole between the big toe and the rest of the foot (see sole photo below). My take is that this feature is gimmicky and non-functional. Adidas Ultra Boost Herren First and foremost, the sole above the split (the lighter green area in the photo below) is rigid and little to no flex would seem possible. Nike Air Max 95 Femme> Second, the split is connected by midsole material only a few centimeters from the front of the shoe. For a split toe to really work, it needs to create greater independence for the big toe like that in the Vivobarefoot Achilles or in a tabi-style shoe (or the Vibram Fivefingers) – the trade-off is then that the shoes start to look weird. It’s also worth mentioning that Brooks’ conception of a shoe that allows you to “feel” the road is very different from mine. When I think “feel” I think Merrell Barefoot or Vibram Fivefingers. The Connect is pretty cushy, though I suppose if you are coming down from a more traditionally cushioned shoe it might have more feel to it. I’ve also heard that it feels firm on the run than when standing in them, but I can’t comment on that.I’ll end by saying that although I was disappointed by www.anbilazio.it the Connect, it may be a fine shoe if you have a narrow foot (e.g., check out this review by my narrow-footed buddy Thomas over at Believe in the Run). After returning the shoe, I solicited some feedback from some on-line friends and from the Nike Air Max 90 Donne Brooks rep on Twitter was told that the Flow had a wider toebox and might be more to my liking. I recently picked up a pair of those, and last weekend ran a solo half-marathon in them – a first-impressions review will becoming soon, and for now all that I’ll say is that I am rather impressed by the shoe. So, my advice to you is if you want to try out the Pure Project and have a medium to wide foot, skip the Connect and opt for the Flow – it’s a much better fit and will likely be a strong competitor to the Saucony Kinvara.I’m surprised you went with the Flow, as that one seems like a standard Nike Air Max Axis Damen running shoe with a thicker sole.I agree with all the observations about the Connect – it’s way too narrow. The Pure Grit is a little wider but for me the huge deal breaker was that hump that exists at the midfoot of both shoes. It feels like www.lavolailles.fr there is a small bar extending across the shoe at that point. Maybe you get used to it, but I don’t get the logic behind such a design. Also, just look at the soles of the shoes – hardly minimal.It seems that most people are responding positively to Brooks Pure Project around the web, so maybe I’m in the minority. This Brooks Pure Project to me is a huge farce and a half-a**ed attempt at swaying the minimalist-interested crowd. I am glad to see more manufacturers putting a more (minimalist) shoe out on the market. The competition should drive for better products and choices and also Nike Air Vapormax Dames end up lowering the cost. Always a good thing. Too bad you couldn’t put in a run in the shoes to give a functional review. Having read your prior post on the New Balance minimus trail and the shoe surgery you had to do on that one, I can understand Nike Air Max 270 Femme the hesitation to run in this one. No reason to injure yourself for this one. I for one have fallen in love with the Saucony Mirage having run in it and the Kinvara for the better part of the last year and a half. I have chosen the mirage as my NYC marathon shoe as I feel it gives me just a little more support in my foot, probably better for me since I carry about 195lbs. What is interesting is that when I brought the Kinvara I they recommended a size one half size below my adidas shoe size (my prior running shoe). It fit well for the better part of 250miles, but when I got Nike Air Max 90 Femme the new Kinvara II and the Mirage I ordered the same 11.5 mens size and both feel a bit snug. Not sure if it is a sizing issue or if my foot actually has adapted to this minimalist running things. (never took original measurements) I assume there may be Adidas Superstar Mujer some truth the the foot adapting to the running style as I certainly feel much stronger in the feet/ankle/calves now compared to over 1.5yrs ago. Looking forward to your next review.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: