The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is your favorite character and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite character?
Jeremiah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bethany
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Aaron
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Ambrose
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Lizbeth
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Keisinger
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Patrick
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Someone else (please state who)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't actually embarrassed, it was just my poor attempt at a joke. Smile And on the subject of Harry Potter, I've mispronounced Hermione more times than I'd like to admit. LOTR, on the other hand, has a pronounciation system of its own. Only a scholar of Tolkien (no joke, they do exist) would actually be able to derive the pronounciation of Palantir.

OT: See? We're moving up in the world already.
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I first read the LOTR books, I had no idea that Tolkien had come up with a whole new language of his own (more than one, actually, when you factor in the Dwarves and Elves and the several Elven derivitaves). I found it interesting, but more than I wanted to devote a lot of time to.

I am your friendly neighborhood Moderator--I will tear your heart out and eat it if you don't behave.
the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I couldn't ever read any of the appendices.
burt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my shame, I closed LOTR books as far as I started the introduction, where all the world and its history were explained Confused . Too much of information about non-existing world, imho.

Quote:
On a side note: Yay! We're finally Butlers!

Congratulations! Wink

Last edited by burt on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burt wrote:
To my shame, I closed LOTR books as far as I started the introduction, where all the world and its history were explained Confused . Too much of information about non-existing world, imho.

The Hobbit is an easier book for first timers to LOTR. If you can make it past The Fellowship of the Ring, it starts picking up. One friend of mine, a real LOTR fanatic, has only read Fellowship once, but the other two several times.

burt wrote:
Quote:
On a side note: Yay! We're finally Butlers!

Congratulations! Wink

Nvm., you edited your post.

Last edited by the OTHER guy on Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norn
Trsanti Pirate
Trsanti Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Ambrose, jerimah and Aaron...

they all seem to have a hidden tale to tell
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norn, I love your avatar!

I agree that there was definitely more to the Covenant siblings than we got to learn. Bummer that we may never learn more about them.

I am your friendly neighborhood Moderator--I will tear your heart out and eat it if you don't behave.
the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norn, I swear I've seen the women in your avatar before.
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks like Bjork.

Norn
Trsanti Pirate
Trsanti Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is! it's form bjorks video oceania!

you can watch the video here

http://www.colonelblimp.com/directors/lynnfox/
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it! Very Happy

the OTHER guy
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the Oceania video, as I watched them once, but I didn't remember whom it was by.
Zazoo
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just cant choose. I love them all too much. I love what someone on here said (i think it was the Other guy or burt, i'm not sure) about how ambrose was like our rage unleashed. Its very true, and could probably be said for more then one chacter.

I first like Lizbeth, and one main reason is their mom. I loved how she was with her mothers body in the mosulem (sp?). It showed that perhaps part of what she became wasnt from the cruse, but because she never new her mother. (I also think that the estate had something to do with eveline's death).

Then there is Ambrose. I dont think he would have been so violent without the curse, but i still think he would be the black sheep. You see, i feel that he would be the type of guy to get in bar fights. I also wonder if the age gap between him and the elder siblings had anything to do for his dislike of his family, or was that the curse too?

Aaron is a wonderful character. I could see him being the "torutered artist" with out the curse, but it would be compleetly different. His torture would be more like "no one loves me, i am all alone in this world... blah blah blah" instead of accually being tortured. But I could also see him as a more cheerful person. Maybe more socailly active.

Bethany is my second favorite if not my favorite (again i cant choose!). She is strong, and smart. and powerful. I believe she would have had just as strong realtionship with lizbeth. Sisters love each other, so i think bethany would have loved to have lizbeth around to worship her (and if there are any little sisters reading, you know we always do admire the elder sibling). I think perhaps instead of a sourcerus, perhaps she would have taught children about plants.

Jerimah... ok him i dont like. probably cos in the game, were not really suposed to. Although i like that norn thinks there is more to him then we get to see in the game. there most likley is a whole different side to him. If they hadnt been curse would he be such a coward? I dont like him, because he started this whole thing, and in the years after when he could have tried to fix it, he didnt try.
On the other hand, perhaps he did, perhaps he stayed up for hours looking through his father's books trying to find some spell or anti-curse.

I also strongly believe that if Evaline hadnt died that none of this would have happened. But this all goes back to my theory that the standing stones/undying king killed her.

Keisinger is a good character since he is so mysterious. We barely know any of his backround. and even though there is good arument that he is good, i think by the way he acted when he was with patrick he was evil. He boasted about killing Bethany.

Patrick... is the protaginist! yet... i always seem to root for the siblings. he is a good guy and all, but i wish there was a bit more too him. like he has no faults. all the other characters we got into did.

well enough of my crack pot theories for now. talk to ya'll soon.
Norn
Trsanti Pirate
Trsanti Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....noone seems to root for patrick

the siblings seem to be more stars of the show

strange hguh?
Katran
Boss Howler
Boss Howler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazoo, I totally agree with you on all the points you made. I definitely think the cursed land around the estate had something to do with Evaline's death (though death in childbirth was quite common at that time, so we could be wrong). I seem to remember Dell Siefert saying something about the curse enhancing each sibling's individual personality, so Ambrose was already tempermental to begin with, Bethany was always power-hungry, etc.

A sequel had originally been planned, so I really think we had been meant to learn more about Patrick through subsequent games, which of course never materialized.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: