The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

almost forced to find an efficient

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: almost forced to find an efficient Reply with quote

When people ask me about barefoot running (as happens at just about every race I run), the first thing I say to them is, “If you are running now without injury, DON’T CHANGE A THING!!” If it Nike Air Vapormax Femme ain’t broke, don’t fix itTt would be a shame if people who are running without injury now, in whatever shoes they might happen to have, decide to try barefoot running. They are lucky enough to have found something that works for them. They should stick with it.But if a runner has had many injuries, then Nike Air Max Classic BW Mens it makes sense to try various shoes…and even going shoeless. I think of barefoot running as “low-impact running” because when you run barefoot (by which I mean truly shoeless–not in Vibrams or any other so-called “barefoot shoe”) you will naturally run in a very low-impact manner. I believe that Low-impact means less danger to the knees, hips, back. (Although I recognize that there is not yet any good scientific Nike Air Force 1 Mujer evidence to sustain this belief.)I agree with Ken 100%. I run barefoot and in huaraches or minimal shoes when Adidas Ultra Boost Damskie necessary, but I certainly don’t think my way of running is right for everybody. It just works for me. I have a friend who started running a few years ago and, despite finishing several marathons and other races in his Nike Pegasus, seems to go from one injury to another. He’s always in PT for something. He knows I run barefoot, but always considered it kind of a fad (and me an odball). The other day, I told him he should give barefooting a try to just see what happens. I think is most recent ankle/knee/hip/etc pain finally caused a shift in his thinking and he decided he’ll try it. Now I just have to make sure he doesn’t do too much too soon and get a whole new kind of running injury. I agree that it’s a personal choice as to which running shoe to use. I have switched to the 5 fingers and they work much better for me, not just physically but I cannot believe how more connected Nike Air Max 2017 Femme I feel to my running and to the ground – but then i’ve been lucky in that they fit me well. I have however seen some serious heel striking with the 5 fingers from fellow runners and it’s not my place to really tell them what to do but I have to admit I cringe a bit and want to say NOOOOO! However I know that it’s not my place to tell others what to do ?? I even wear my 5 fingers to social events now (got the glitter ones for club nights) I can’t ever see myself wearing a pair of heels again – they make me feel miserable when I wear them and like bambi on icescience does not currently provide enough evidence in either direction to reach anything conclusive. And I think you’re right…because people are so much different, the solution will likely be somewhere in the middle. I think we’ll find out that Beasts are no more evil than Vibrams, and going completely barefoot is no worse Adidas NMD Mens than orthotics, Adidas NMD Womens as long as it’s being used for the *right people.* And I think that people can be super efficient heel-striking, assuming they’re not grossly overstriding. I think we disagree on how to determine your own personal “perfect form,” but we’ve talked about that, so no need to rehash that all again. ??I think the best thing to come out of the whole “barefoot movement” is the research. It’s definitely been eye-opening for me. Anyway, I appreciate more balanced views like this, even if you do lie on the opposite side of center from myself. Both the barefoot zealot blogs that say that everyone would be better served going barefoot and the Runners’ World guides that tell you to choose your shoes based on your arch type drive me insane. It’s not all-out, but it’s fast enough that you’re almost forced to find an efficient stride. It forces Nike Air Max 90 Hombre a faster turnover, and it’s a lot harder to overstride when you’re running at that pace. Nike Air Max 90 Womens You’re also forced to be efficient since you can’t really afford to be wasting wasting energy with inefficient movements. I don’t think volume is a bad idea either, since again, we’re talking about forcing yourself to become efficient enough to handle that kind of volume, and that kind of mileage will certainly help with strengthening. However, the thing you have to watch out for with volume is if your stride does have issues for some reason, lots of miles will exaggerate strength discrepancies, which, as you know, can cause all sorts of problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: