The official board of the Undying Italia community

Portal HomePortal Home FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unch might be my favorite of the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labi1995
Howler
Howler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: unch might be my favorite of the Reply with quote

My only complaint with the shoe was that a fair amount of grit and dirt got into the shoe. It would be awesome if it had a lasted tongue to keep the grit out. I found Nike Air Max 270 Femme the shoes a tad bit thin for the full 100 mile distance, but that might also be my feet not being used to them. I would never even consider wearing a traditional barefoot shoe like the Merrell or Five Fingers for a 100, so don’t think I’m one of “those guys”.
I would call my first long distance (70 miles) run in these shoes to be nothing less than a miracle. No blisters, perfect comfort, enough protection to go flying down the rocky backside of Hope MT at full pace, and incredible fit. I saw a ton of people wearing MT101’s at Leadville. I felt bad for them. These shoes are so much better. I counted the number of steps that Jeilan and Farah took starting at the 16 second mark (about 26:36.7 on the race clock) of the video and ending at 26 second mark. If my count is correct, both took 34 steps during that segment of the backside straightaway during the final lap. This Nike M2k Tekno Heren would give each a cadence of 204 steps/min over this stretch.During the final straightaway to the finish, if you start when the race time is at 27:04.5, Jeilan takes 32.5 steps over about 9 seconds to the finish line, for a cadence of 216.67 steps/min. Over the www.arqueoymas.es same distance, Farah takes 31.5 steps in about 9.3 seconds, for a cadence of 203.23 steps/min. What this suggests is that Jeilan was able to ramp up his turnover during the final stretch to catch up to and pass Mo Farah just before the finish line, whereas Farah’s turnover remained consistent. The one additional step gained by Jeilan by ramping his turnover up was enough for the win!Unfortunately, no data on stride length as that is the other determinant of speed, but amazing to see how much Jeilan was able to ramp up his cadence during his final kick –amazing stuff!Shortly after my crash and burn at the Boston Marathon this year, where I wound up post-race in the med Nike Roshe Run Femme tent with mild hyponatremia, I was contacted by the folks at Nuun (apparently pronounced “noon” and not “none,” though I prefer to call it the latter, just like I www.melanieo.fr prefer to say Vybram rather than Veebram and Teeva rather than Tevah). Not surprisingly, since they don’t make shoes, they wanted to know if I wanted to give their hydration tablets a try (i.e., this review is way overdue!). Given my hydration issues at Boston, I figured it was worth a shot to try something new. After a summer of using the product, here’s my take.This is going to be a pretty short review because there isn’t a whole lot for me to dissect with this product. In a nutshell, Nuun is a tube containing 12 tablets, and it is currently available in 11 different flavors. To make a drink, you just pop a tablet into 16 oz of water, and the tablet fizzes away like an Alka Seltzer (it’s kind of cool to watch – my kid’s love doing it for me, but I resisted the urge to film the fizz in slow motion). In a few minutes you have Nike Free Run 2.0 Mujer a very mild tasting electrolyte drink. Nike Roshe Run Womens Nuun is by no means sweet, and I rather enjoy the subdued taste. I also like that Nuun is not loaded with sugar – only 8 calories per tablet. I rarely take any fuel on my runs unless they are 20 milers or marathons, so for me the added sugar of Gatorade or something like that is unwanted. The catch is that Nuun does contain the artificial sweetener acesulfame potassium – given my penchant for diet soda, I’m generally not one to complain about such things (I’m by no means a paragon of nutritional excellence!). But, if artificial sweeteners are not your thing, perhaps better to look elsewhere.Nuun sent me a variety of flavors to try, and I honestly haven’t had one yet that I don’t like – fruit punch might be my favorite of the ones I have tried so far. I usually drink Nuun on hot days either Nike M2K Tekno Womens before or after my runs – can’t honestly comment on its effectiveness as I haven’t been running long much this summer. Furthermore, I tend to find it hard to attest the effectiveness of any type of supplement, which is why I usually avoid reviewing them (that, along with the fact that I don’t use many supplements to begin with). But, I’d seen Nuun around on enough occasions (race expos, my local EMS store) that my curiosity got the better of me in this case.Perhaps the best thing about Nuun is that a few tubes can last a really long time, and the fact that it comes in tablet form makes it easy to throw a few into a pocket if you anticipate needing to mix a drink on the run – much easier than dealing with powder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Undying Italia - Portal Home -> Undying Past - The game and released mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: